Tell me more, tell me more
1. I get poison ivy every summer. It always seems to find me (trust me, I don't go looking for it)! In fact, I have it right now...
2. My biggest pet peeve is mouth noises. I can hardly stomach sitting next to a loud eater or gum chewer!
3. I ran 14 miles this morning! I'm training for my 2nd marathon in October. Trust me if I can run my first marathon at 42 you can run one as well!!
4. I kill plants! It's true, no green thumb on this hand. It doesn't matter how hard I try, my plants never survive!
5. I have two sisters. My oldest sister has autism. That's why my other sister and I became special education teachers (I've since moved to gen ed.).
6. I don't know my true hair color. I've been bleaching or dying it since high school. We're not sure but my stylist and I think it may be a light brown. My hair color changes with the seasons!
7. I love Mackinac Island. There's just something about riding bikes and eating fudge that makes me happy!
8. I am very punctual. I've never been late for anything in my life. This is a trait that I owe to my father. In fact, the older he gets his punctuality has taken on a whole new meaning. We purposely have to tell him an hour later than the time we want him to arrive. He's early for EVERYTHING!
9. I am a loyal Coca-Cola fan. I loathe the taste of Pepsi products. Nothing is worse than going to a restaurant and asking for a Diet Coke only to have the waitress respond "Diet Pepsi ok?"!
10. I love quotes! They help inspire me. I put one in my weekly newsletter, I have quote art work hanging on my wall in my classroom and I have a journal full of quotes that I love.
11. Last school year I had my best friend's daughter in my class, as well as the children of six teachers in my building. It was a fun year!!
Right now I'm part of two giveaways!!! Sara at Miss V's Busy Bees is having a 200 follower giveaway!
Also, I recently received two more awards while I was away!! A big thank you to Miss Cosby at You Might Be a First Grader for the Liebster Award and to Gina at Third Grade Tidbits for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award!!
I'll be leaving for a family vacation to Tennessee tomorrow and may not have a wi-fi connection! If that is the case, I'll see you in a week.